You must have heard this news. Maggi is banned in India!. It is banned from the stores. But what can we do to the toxins induced by Maggi so far? We have solutions. Read on.
Why Is Maggi Banned?
On 26 March 2014, Gorakhpur government lab has tested the Maggi and reported that it has an exceeding level of Monosodium Glutamate (MSG). MSG is a flavor enhancer. But the Maggi Noodles pocket carries a message that ‘No added MSG.’ They sold this poison for more than Rs.10000 crore in India alone.
As Nestle filed an appeal on 22 July 2014, Maggi Noodles were sent to Kolkata Central Food Lab. After a series of tests, On 7th April 2015, Central Food Lab confirmed that Mono Sodium Glutamate presence and with one more shocking news that it contains Lead in high amount. The maximum allowed limit for Lead is 2.5ppm (ppm – parts per million). But in test it is reported that Maggi Noodles has a 17.2ppm level of Lead content.
What Is MSG?
Mono Sodium Glutamate – MSG (typically Ajinomoto’s chemical name) is the Sodium salt of the Glutamic acid. It is a flavor enhancer that makes you feel the addictive taste @ your tongue by balancing and compensating other tastes.
Potential Dangers Of MSG
- Rapid heartbeats
- Sweating and drowsiness
- Pain in the chest
- High BP
- Lack of sensation, burning or itching in the neck, face or other places
Many Researchers say MSG is responsible for these kinds of symptoms. But no one has proved it yet. Dr.Russell Blaylock, the Author of the book, “Excitotoxins: The Taste that Kills” explains that if your body has low on Magnesium content, even very small amount of Excitotoxins (MSG) can cause cardiac arrhythmias .At extreme casesm it will lead you to death. However, FDA has found no direct link between these symptoms and MSG.
What is Lead?
Lead (Pb) is a type of chemical element found naturally on earth. It comes under metal category and obviously TOXIC !!! World Health Organization (WHO) says any level of Lead exposure is treated as unsafe. But in Indi, the allowed limit of lead in food items in the set to be 2.5ppm. I don’t know how people are deciding a limit for poison. Strange!
Potential Dangers of Lead
- Stomach problems
- Loss of appetite
- Concentration span reduces
- High Blood Pressure (High BP)
- Muscle coordination becomes inadequate
- Vision and hearing impairment
- Sperm count reducing problem (Affect reproductive system)
- Nerve system damage
- Retarded fetal development
- Behavioral problems
- Liver, bone and kidney damage
- Delay in mental development
- Highly exposed condition In extreme cases, Death
Sorry, the list is actually huge. So it clearly shows how much bad Lead (Pb) is! Childhood Lead(Pb) toxic intake every year causes 6,00,000 new cases of children with behavioral and mental disabilities. The Sad news is that Lead exposure is accounting 1,43,000 deaths per year.
Just because of its popular 2-minute preparation and addictive taste, we all have had this Poison so many times in our lifetime. Obviously, we are all exposed to the high level of Lead and Msg. What to do now?
How To Remove The Toxins Lead And MSG From Your Body Naturally?
Luckily, you are not affected by these side effects until this moment. But remember,these all toxins are still reside in your body. So it is good to knock out before it makes any harm.
Eat vitamin C-rich foods like bell peppers, dark leafy greens, kiwis, broccoli, berries, citrus fruits, tomatoes, peas, and papayas.
Make magnesium level high in your body to fight against MSG ill symptoms. Magnesium rich foods are darkleafy greens, nuts, seeds, fish, beans, whole grains, avocados, yogurt, bananas, dried fruit, dark chocolate and more.
- Avoid the intake of more Lead content. Stop eating the food items like Noodles and Fish categories that live for a long time like Sword and Fish. Drink filtered water and try to live in less air polluted environment.
- Before 1970’s paints are made with Lead. So be careful with an older structure where Lead might be present under some recent layer of paints. Don’t allow your child to eat paint chip.
- Gloves, Milk thistle, Garlic, and Turmeric are good to remove toxic metals from your body. Add these ingredients in your cooking as much as you can.
- But the best way is CORIANDER (cilantro). It is an excellent food for people who want to remove lead from their body. Doctor says cilantro can cross the blood and brain boundary line and removes heavy metals like Lead from your mind and body. Taking 400mg of green cilantro can act as a good toxic metal cleaner and in two weeks of the time your body will be almost free from heavy metals like Lead.
A Request To All Noodles Lovers! – Eat Right, Stay Healthy !
Indian Government has tested the Maggie, so its banned there. Just because it’s not banned in your country, it does not mean, you can continue to eat this poison without any worries. Every noodles brand out there come with their own taste-makers (indirectly the poison). These brands are not tested yet. So avoid eating noodles from any brand until they are declared as safe. Please try to add coriander in all possible dishes for at least two weeks. I know this ban hurts many Maggie lovers, but sometimes it’s good to let go of the worthless things that are not worthy! Remember the mantra, Health Is Wealth.
Happiness and awareness should go viral. Share this post with all the Maggi lovers and help them restore a healthy live!.
Image Credit : deccanchronicle.com