6 Different Ways To Find People On Facebook With & Without Logging in
Social media platforms, especially the Facebook is an active platform to look for people whom you missed in touch for a long time. In the go, you must have lost the details or may be somewhere in your mind vague details about the person would come up but still you might wonder as how to look further in finding the person. Facebook people search is more likely a ‘quick people finding’ way when compared with other ways to search for people online. So, if you’re looking for your high school buddy, college buddy, your first crush, the nice warm people you met briefly and just about all the good ways to connect with the people, then try the following ways that will help you find the person you’re searching without having to have any official facebook or other social media platform account or log in.
- 1. Facebook Search For People Without Logging In – Using FB Home Page
- 2. How To Find Someone On Facebook By Phone Number Or Email
- 3. How To Find/Search People On Facebook Using Google
- 4.Try Local Search Engines & Free People Finders Based On Your Location
- 5. The Hashtag Way – The Facebook Search For People ( With Login)
- 6.Find Using Browser Add-Ons
1. Facebook Search For People Without Logging In – Using FB Home Page
If you want to search your friend or search any one on facebook without account you have few ways to do them. One of the easiest ways is to use the same Facebook and its options but you can only view very limited information. The given below shows 3 different ways to use facebook homepage for people search.
a. Facebook Search For People By Name
- Go to the Facebook Home page/Login Page
- In the bottom of the sign-up home page, you will find many kinds of options like Languages, Instagram, Friends, Places, Create Ad, Developers etc.
- In that set of menu’s look for PEOPLE
- You will not be able to access this PEOPLE option if you are using your smartphones.
- Click on the PEOPLE option/link.
- The Facebook will open in to a ‘Browse by Name’ page with the following link https://www.facebook.com/directory/people/.
- You’ll find ‘Browse by Name’ with three options namely ‘People’, ‘Pages’, ‘Places’.
- In that, default is the ‘People’ option. You’ll have two options ‘Latin character name’ & ‘Non-Latin character name’.
- See the Alphabets line up, click in the starting Letter of the person you’re looking for, preferably their First Name’s first letter.For ex: if the person you are looking for is “Trevor Scott”, then click the alphabet T.
- Facebook will ask for a Security Check. Finish it. Click Submit.
- See if the page prompts you to proceed further. But present FB security changes will not allow you to search for Facebook account holders or profiles.
- But by luck if it works, the FB will search and display all the profiles that matches the name you’ve given.
- See if you could locate the person you are looking for and if you’re lucky you’ll find them. Unless otherwise the profile you search for fall under open facebook profiles, you won’t be able to access any of their data or click on their profile. In that case, you can convince yourself that ‘okay, I found you, I found that you are on Facebook’ .
- If you do not see the person you are looking for on FB search and if no profiles are shown, then you can go for Google search. They can either be not in the Facebook or they might have an alias name for their FB account.
Note : Mostly “find people on facebook by name” doesn’t seem to work as facebook restricts people search without signing in to official facebook account. Even after security prompts to verify that ‘you are not a robot’, the facebook shows error messages upon ‘people’ search without logging or signing in. So better way is to open a facebook account. It’s just minute of task. If you want you can hide infrormation of yours.
If you have official facebook account with login, finding someone is really easy to do. Just type the name of the person, you want to see their profile. It will shows ton loads of information. Restrain the search by entering their name, the city you suspect they are in or the institution name or their organization.
Facebook Search By Name
Facebook Search By Name And Location
You May Also Like
b. Facebook Search For People By Pages
Try Facebook ‘Pages’ Option for an alternative way of people search without signing up on Facebook
- Open the facebook.com home page. Browse the bottom page and click on the ‘Pages’ option.
- If you click on the ‘Pages’ option, the facebook will automatically show a list of famous facebook pages of musicians, bands, TV shows, etc. take for example that the person/friend you want to find on facebook is interested in or doing any small business, home grown business or home-made business or in likes with any common interest pages, you can use this search facility without signing in to facebook.
- ‘Pages’ option can be tedious but it’s one of the possibilities that can actually work on finding people on facebook without having any facebook account.
- Click on the specific letter.
- Ex: if the person is in to candle making, then try clicking letter C.
- The facebook will prompt a ‘security check’ and a check to ‘select similar images based on criteria’. Fulfill the check. Finally click on ‘Submit’.
- The facebook directory will show tons of search result with the letter C. It is a tough task but still it’s another way to facebook search for people or places without signing in.
Steps are: if you’re looking for the person /friend who is in to candle-making or loves candles or who runs a home-made candle store, type in C, fulfill the security prompts, and after that, you’ll see a page with vast lists. Pick the relevant. Ex: if you found anything close to your friend’s choices like Cool Candles, Cool Homemade Candles, or Sweet Scented Candles just click on more relevant option. Like ‘Cool/ Sweet Homemade Candles’.
- The facebook will again ask for security checks to fulfill. Fulfill it and click on ‘Submit’.
- Once you’ve submitted, the facebook will show more refined search related to Homemade Candles. Take time and search for the person you’re looking for on the facebook page as this method will surely help. The reason is many people will use their photos for their page in such cases facebook photo search will help. Or the person you’re looking for will have their name along with their page like ‘Trevor Home Made Candle’ or some might have their personal photos as profile picture for their page etc.
- You can also find lot of relevant profiles matching the search criteria. See if you could find the person/friend.
- You’ll find lots of profiles to look for to find the person you’re looking.
This might not hand the profile in a platter to you as soon as you search, but it’s a good attempt in cracking the facebook people search without any official account.
c. Facebook Search For People By Location
Try Facebook ‘Places’ Option
- Open the facebook.com home page. Browse the bottom page and click on the ‘Places’ option.
- The facebook will open into a new window/ page with a title ‘Discover great places in every city’ and a search box.
- Below them you can find many options. For Ex: if you’re Google search settings shows your location as United States, then the Facebook Places will show Top cities in the US, Famous restaurants and other options in the page.
- Browse down further and find the city you’re friend lives or if you have any assumption that he/she might be currently in, then click on that. For Ex: if you could assume that the person you want to search tends to work in Charlotte, then click that city.
- The facebook will show the Charlotte page with many options including Eat, Drink, Nightlife, Hotels, Shopping, Upcoming Events, Nearby Cities which are great routes to search for people.
- Choose your preferred choice based on your friend/person’s interest. For ex: form the option you can click on the famous cocktail bars where most people in charlotte hang out. For Ex: if you happen to click the bar place then the FB will take you to the official page.
- You can find lot of options in the home page like events, featured menu’s , likes, comments etc.
- There you can find many photos tagged by people and friends who visit this bar on all occasions. See if you could find any people. Look in to the tagged people. See if you could click the name and the person’s facebook profile opens up.
- If you’re lucky you might find a picture that has more known ‘friends of friends’ through which you can easily search your friend. Like for ex: if you could find any celebration photo, then surely it’ll be tagged with lots of people. See if any one if known to you. If you knew them well then click their profile and see of you could locate your friend.
This way of facebook search for people is like a thread,it’s lengthy and you just have to pick it on the go. So, if you’re lucky you’ll end up finding the person/friend soon enough. The above ‘Pages’ & “Places” options work well depending on how well you knew your friend or at least close to knowing the whereabouts of the person you’re searching/looking for. You can also search them on facebook people posts on pages you were suspecting they may be member of .
The ‘People’ search option doesn’t work anymore accurately so if you want a way that works with finding friend without signing up on facebook, then the ‘Places’ & ‘Pages’ options will work.
Even you can search for a long-lost person with the help of ‘Places’ option instead of “pages’. But, like we said earlier, these methods might help you find the person but can’t guarantee you the exact easiness of just searching with ‘Firstname, Lastname’.
2. How To Find Someone On Facebook By Phone Number Or Email
You can find people on facebook using their phone number and/or email. But for those, you must have logging in to the official facebook account. It’s one of the easiest ways to find someone on facebook. Unless otherwise you have official facebook login, it’s not possible to find them using this method.
Facebook search by phone number would work only if the person you are searching for mentioned their phone number anywhere in the facebook or they should have updated it as Settings ->Privacy->How People Find And Contact You -> “Who can look you up using the phone number you provided?” ->Everyone.
The same one goes to Email as well. They should update “Who can look you up using the email address you provided?” as Everyone.
For example : you can check any number who can called you. Using reverse number search facebook will find a post or profile that has this phone number
3. How To Find/Search People On Facebook Using Google
Another way to search for people without Facebook account is to try the Google search. The method is simple but the results show many possibilities to search for people on Facebook platform without you having any official account in it.
You can do this Google search method of finding people in Facebook in three ways:
The first way is
- Open Google
- Type in the following: “facebook.com firstname lastname”Ex: ‘facebook.com Trevor Scott’.
- Enter the search
- Google will show you the result page with matching name profiles that are in Facebook.
- Look for the names/profiles correctly as Google will not just show the exact name, it also includes all relevant profiles related to the name you are searching.
- Once you found the right name, click on the Facebook link.
- If you click the link, the link will take you to a Facebook public page where similar profiles related to the name you searched will appear along with a profile picture.
- See if you could find the person. But you can’t access further as the FB will prompt to log in.
- You can make sure that you found the person.
The second way is
- Open Google
- Simply type in the person’s name you want to find out and prompt the search
- Google result page will show all profiles with the person name including Facebook profile, and other general profiles including the Quora, Linkedin
- The difference from the first way is that, in this second method Google result page will display images related to the name you searched whereas in the first way it only shows Facebook profile links and you have to go to images to see for pictures separately. So it’s another indirect way of facebook photo search
- Look for the profile/name you are looking for.
- It’s a simple search method to find the person you’re looking.
Using Google is another easy way of Facebook Search for people without having official FB account. Pros include lots of options to explore and in case you just want to search the person, you can look in various platforms other than Facebook too on the result page. The time-taking factor in the search is that Google shows lots of name profiles related to the name you’ve given which will need more of your effort into finding the right one. Most of the time you’ll definitely be able to find the person on Facebook without signing up or somehow you can find the person in the links, so it’s like a Hit or Miss.
The third way is
- Go for Google Image Search option.
- Type in the ‘Firstname lastname’ of the person you’re looking for.
- Google result will show lots of pictures and see if you could find the person you are looking for.
- If he/she is active on facebook or Instagram or any social media platform you’ll definitely be able to find their picture. And once you found the picture, click on the associated link.
- See if you could proceed further. If the picture link is from the Instagram.com, then it will take you to the person’s Instagram page or tagged pages of their profile.
- It’s one way of finding the person without any facebook account.
4.Try Local Search Engines & Free People Finders Based On Your Location
How to search people on facebook using the local search engine ? You can find them using your Country, City, State, their first name, last name etc and without facebook account login. Local search engines can be different, so some might prompt for easy search options; some might need a fee from you. For example if you live in United States / Canada, you can use the search engine called intelius.com/. In intelius people search, you can enter the name or phone number or address to find the people.
You can also get access to ‘Free People Finder or Social Media Search Engine’ sites like social-searcher.com . Some local search engines will even give you option that ‘Connects with Facebook’ to locate people.
5. The Hashtag Way – The Facebook Search For People ( With Login)
Hashtags are formidable today and they can also happen to help you in finding the person you are looking for on facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform without having to sign up or log in. This way requires a little more details to look instead of just ‘firstname & lastname’ search parameter. To refine the search and bring in quick more relevant search results, some added info can be of much help.
For ex: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter uses the Hashtag trends more than other social platforms, so if you’re looking for a person on these platforms using the hashtag, it’s better to have an account. If you don’t have an account https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/catlover will help you to find few images like 5 to 6. After that you can’t able to access any of them.
Hashtag Search Using Facebook
- Open facebook account with login
- On the search bar, type “#essentialoils” ( if the person you are looking for is an expert in essential oil )
- Hit enter
- Now the pages with all the #essentialoils will open.
- You can search and find the person in that way
Like essentialoils you can give any related hashtag that they might be using.
Hashtag Search Using Google & Instagram
Instagram requires you to sign up with facebook. So if they use instagram they might be using facebook too. It’s another way of instagram / faceook photo search
- Open ‘Google’
- Type #bigfoodie Instagram
- Now the hashtags bigfoodie on Instagram will show up on Google Result Page
- Open the instagram and see whether the person you are searching for is on the result.
- If the person is there, click on the profile and see their info.
6.Find Using Browser Add-Ons
If you’re using Chrome Browser, then you can see an extensions and if you’re looking for finding persons, you have options like “Intelligence Search“, “Social Media Advanced Search” which are useful in professional way of finding people and their contact details without facebook. These options will help you find persons on a professional level but not with personal level.
Hope this article gives multiple answers for your query how to find people on facebook. Right from facebook to browser addon and other social media platform like instagram there are million ways in which you can find your pal and connect with. For those, who are looking to connect in a positive way, try to sign up to the facebook. It will get you more data than trying without logging in. If the person you’re looking for is on the facebook, these 6 ways will definitely help you to find them. Happy finding your Pals, but please move out of the Creep Zone by getting so much obsessed with finding them and digging their details.